- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 12 slider buns
- shredded romaine lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce with 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large combine ground pork, panko, ginger, 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, ½ teaspoon of salt, and a few grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Roll the mixture into 12 (1/2 inch) meatballs. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake, turning once, until browned and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.), about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and brush each meatball with the hoisin sauce/vinegar mixture.
- Spread some mayonnaise on the bottom half of each slider bun, add some shredded lettuce on top of the mayonnaise and add a meatball on top of the lettuce.