The combination of bacon and cheddar as a breading for chicken tenders is amazing. What is even better is that these chicken tenders are baked and not fried. When I came across this recipe on the Progresso website, I knew I had to give them a try. The chicken tenders are first dipped in an egg mixture and then coated with Panko breadcrumbs, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon bits. What is really great about this recipe is the bacon flavor that the chicken tenders have. For even more flavor I served these with Ranch Cucumber dressing garnished with additional bacon bits and minced fresh chives. Enjoy!
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 oz) package cooked real bacon bits
- 1 (14 oz) package uncooked chicken tenders (not breaded)
- Ranch dressing (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the lined cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl beat the egg. In another shallow bowl or a pie plate, combine bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, and bacon bits. Dip the chicken tenders first in the egg mixture, then roll in the breadcrumb mixture until evenly coated. Place onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken strips are coated.
- Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees) and the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Serve with Ranch dressing.