Chorizo sausage goes great on nachos. These nachos are great to serve for the Super Bowl. Tortilla chips are loaded with chorizo, a Monterey jack cheese sauce, cilantro and chives. The cheese sauce is a combination of Monterey jack cheese, white wine and lemon juice. If you would prefer you can make your own chorizo right at home to use for this recipe. Enjoy.
- 9 ounces raw chorizo (removed from casing)
- ½ cup chopped white onions
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 pound shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Bag of tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a sauté pan cook the chorizo over medium-high heat while breaking up into chunks with a spatula until crisp and fully cooked (about 6 minutes). Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plated lined with a paper towel to drain any excess grease.
- In a saucepan add the wine and lemon juice. Bring slowly to a boil and sauce the heat to medium-low. Add the cheese and cornstarch and whisk until the cheese is fully melted.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a serving platter. Drizzle with the melted cheese mixture. Top with the chorizo mixture. Garnish with cilantro and chives.