These great tasting sliders have all of the ingredients of a shrimp po’ boy. The fried shrimp, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and remoulade sauce really make these sliders something worth preparing. The shrimp are coated with a breading mixture that consists of Cajun spices, cornmeal and flour. The remoulade gets a lot of its flavor from ingredients such as mustard, hot sauce, and lemon juice. These sliders are great to prepare for game day. Enjoy.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon. dried thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 lb. raw shrimp (peeled and deveined, tails removed)
- 12 Slider Buns
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced Roma tomatoes
- Dill pickle slices
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- To prepare the remoulade- in a medium bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, parsley, and green onion. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk. In another bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, and dried thyme. Dip the shrimp first in the milk mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in the large deep skillet until the oil is shimmering. Fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To make the sandwiches- spread the remoulade on the bottom of the slider buns and top with fried shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles. Top with the bun tops.