This cucumber-mango salsa is great for picnics and parties and is a perfect snack for the summer. This salsa includes mangos, cucumber, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. You could add additional ingredients such as green or red bell pepper if you want. You can serve this salsa with tortilla chips, but it goes even better on grilled chicken or other types of meat; it would be perfect for serving with Jerk chicken. Shortly, I will use a salsa similar to this for Jerk burgers. If you are looking for a delicious and refreshing treat for summer, give this recipe a try. Enjoy.
- 3 mangos (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir lightly stir together mango, cucumber, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, and cilantro. Season with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.