This is the perfect dish if you are looking for a slightly different take on chicken salad. What I found interesting about this recipe is that the main ingredient is fresh basil, which gives this salad a very unique flavor. Preparing this dish is very easy—mayonnaise, garlic, basil, and celery are pureed in a blender and then mixed with parmesan cheese and chopped chicken. The cooking method for the chicken in this recipe is to bake it in the oven, but you could pan-fry or grill the chicken as well. This recipe is perfect for summer and the warmer weather; it is also great for busy nights when you don’t have much time to prepare a meal. This chicken salad goes on sandwiches with sliced tomato and cheese. Enjoy.
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes (or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to cool. Once the chicken has cooled chop it into chunks. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic, and celery. Puree until smooth.
In a large serving bowl combine the chunked chicken, pureed mixture, and Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. Refrigerate and serve.
(Makes 4 Servings)