If you didn’t already guess from the picture, here is another amazing Chinese recipe, garlic ginger chicken. Just like the name says, this dish gets a lot of its flavor from fresh garlic and ginger. The chicken bits are coated with a batter and then fried in the deep fryer until crispy. The sauce is very simple, just basically rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. If you want to add a little heat to this dish, you can add some dried red pepper flakes. This is a very easy recipe that takes little time to prepare. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 Servings)
Uses For Garlic Ginger Chicken Recipe
[amazon box=”B0000D198Q,B00IST1KVS,B006CVNF2G” grid=”3″]Print
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
- 4 tablespoons of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice wine
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bunch of green onions (sliced)
- Add chicken bits to a large bowl. Add soy sauce and rice wine. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add in the egg and cornstarch, stir and blend until the chicken pieces are coated with a batter.
Heat oil in a deep fryer for 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown a crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Add a couple tablespoons of oil to your wok or frying pan.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 15 seconds. Add soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Coat chicken bits with the sauce, top with green onions and serve.