I have so many delicious pizza recipes posted on this website, I hope everyone is enjoying them. Here is another great pizza recipe, shrimp alfredo pizza. Just like the name says, this pizza combines your classic shrimp alfredo with a pizza. Toppings include sautéed shrimp, sliced tomatoes, and fresh basil. For the sauce, I personally used store bought sauce in the jar but you could make your own as well. For the crust, I used the Pillsbury roll out crust in a can and sprinkled it with a little garlic powder, oregano, and dried basil. For the cheeses, I topped this pizza with a combination of mozzarella and parmesan. This is a great recipe for those who do not eat meat during Lent. Enjoy.
- 1 large pizza crust (pre-made, or box mix)
- oregano, basil, and garlic powder (for the crust)
- 3/4lb raw shrimp (peeled, and deveined, with tailed removed)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 3 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup alfredo sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees. Lay out the crust on a pizza pan and sprinkle with top with a little oregano, basil and garlic powder to taste.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat add a little olive oil. Add shrimp, oregano, basil, and minced garlic cloves. Cook until the shrimp are about ¾ of the way done (just turning pink). Set aside.
- Place the crust into the oven and pre-bake at 500 degrees for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread a layer of alfredo sauce over the trust. Top with tomatoes, shrimp and basil. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 7 minutes.