The Greek burger is a fantastic choice if you enjoy outdoor grilling during the summer. Even if you don’t have an outdoor grill, an indoor grill pan will work as well. Traditionally this recipe would have called for ground lamb, but I didn’t have any luck finding it so I went with ground beef instead. I am not sure how authentic this is to Greek cuisine. I could always ask Ivy from Kopiaste, her blog is dedicated to authentic Greek recipes. A few ingredients such as slivered black olives, garlic and lots of feta cheese go into these burgers. I also decided to add a minced jalapeno pepper as well for a little spice. A few condiments I put on the burgers were extra feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, and black olives. You could serve a nice salad as a side dish. These burgers are pretty big so you could probably get more than two if you made them a little smaller. If you are looking for a delicious and easy burger recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 burgers)Print
- 1lb ground beef (or ground lamb)
- ½ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup black olives (slivered)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 2 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional Condiments-
- Feta cheese
- Black olives (sliced)
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, feta cheese, black olives, garlic, and minced jalapeno peppers.
- Mix well and form 2 large patties. Season patties with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill on an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan until burgers are fully cooked.
- Place on a bun and add any condiments of your choice.