A delicious side dish for summer is potato salad. I have tried a few different potato salad recipes and found this one to be really good. I feel it is important to use red potatoes because they seem to have a better texture. It is also important not to overcook the potatoes because you don’t want them too soft either. What I really liked about this recipe is that it calls for 1 pound of crispy bacon. The bacon is a really nice addition and only adds to the amazing taste and texture of this salad. If you are not sure how to get your bacon crispy or how to perfectly hard boil eggs, you can read my tutorials on this blog. Unlike a lot of potato salad recipes, this recipe does not call for Dijon mustard but if you would like to add a little bit, go for it. This is the perfect side dish to go with your grilled chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. Enjoy.
Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds raw red potatoes (washed)
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the red potatoes and cook until their tender but still firm (about 15 minutes). Drain potatoes and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, add water until the eggs are covered. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs sit for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and plunge eggs into cold water. When eggs are cooled peel the shells off and chop.
- Cook bacon until crisp by your method of choice. Place on paper towels to drain, cool and crumble it into bits.
- Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving the skin on. Place chopped potatoes in a large bowl. Add eggs, bacon, onion, and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Wednesday 7th of March 2012
Renee- I am not sure exactly what you are asking, sorry :(
Wednesday 7th of March 2012
Hi I was wondering if you got the answer to this question I also have been trying to find this dressing I had it some where but I cant seen to find where some where is lol If you found it would you please send me a copy thank you so much Have a great day Renee
Thursday 18th of March 2010
I love a good potato salad. I want to know if any of you out there have a recipe for a COOKED potato salad dressing? My granny made hers that way and mashed her potatoes and It was a sweet and sour concoction that she added eggs, vinegar and sugar I know of and it got really thick. I miss it soooo much. We were inseparable until she passed away and I would love to have some of her tator salad so bad. Thanks
Tuesday 25th of August 2009
this looks so delicious I'm definatly going to make it,mmmmm
Saturday 20th of June 2009
In my country its a super awesome dish...Taste so good with whatever ingredient you want to mix it...but always have in mind that it has to have crispy stuff inside and is like heaven.mmmmmm