A delicious side dish for summer is potato salad. I have tried a few different potato salad recipes and found this one to be really good. I feel it is important to use red potatoes because they seem to have a better texture. It is also important not to overcook the potatoes because you don’t want them too soft either. What I really liked about this recipe is that it calls for 1 pound of crispy bacon. The bacon is a really nice addition and only adds to the amazing taste and texture of this salad. If you are not sure how to get your bacon crispy or how to perfectly hard boil eggs, you can read my tutorials on this blog. Unlike a lot of potato salad recipes, this recipe does not call for Dijon mustard but if you would like to add a little bit, go for it. This is the perfect side dish to go with your grilled chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. Enjoy.
- 2 pounds raw red potatoes (washed)
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the red potatoes and cook until their tender but still firm (about 15 minutes). Drain potatoes and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, add water until the eggs are covered. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs sit for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and plunge eggs into cold water. When eggs are cooled peel the shells off and chop.
- Cook bacon until crisp by your method of choice. Place on paper towels to drain, cool and crumble it into bits.
- Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving the skin on. Place chopped potatoes in a large bowl. Add eggs, bacon, onion, and celery. Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.