These grilled chicken sliders are an amazing appetizer for gameday and can even be served for dinner. The best part about this recipe is the Alabama White BBQ sauce. The chicken is marinated and brushed with the sauce while it’s cooking on the grill. The additional white bbq sauce is then served on the sliders with the grilled chicken and dill pickle slices. The white sauce is very different from your normal BBQ sauce. It gets a lot of flavor from mayonnaise, vinegar, and horseradish. I like to serve this recipe with French fries. Enjoy.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 slider buns
- bread and butter dill pickle slices
- Alabama White BBQ Sauce-
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, horseradish, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and sugar. Mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat to medium-high heat. Place the ¼ cup of the white bbq sauce into a bowl. Reserve the remaining white bbq sauce. Cook then chicken for 7 minutes and then baste with the white bbq sauce. Turn the chicken frequently basting with the bbq sauce on both sides for 5-7 minutes more until the chicken is cooked through, (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place the chicken onto the top of the bottom of the buns, drizzle with the reserved white bbq sauce and top with dill pickles.