Spring and Summer are approaching and it is the time of year again to fire up the grill. This grilled chicken with basil butter is a great way to kick off your grilling season. Don’t worry if you don’t have a grill, an indoor grill pan will work fine for this recipe as well! The chicken is marinated in lemon juice, lime juice, honey, and garlic and then grilled to perfection. Once the chicken has finished cooking and is still hot it is topped with basil butter. The delicious basil butter gets a lot of flavor from fresh basil and garlic powder. Enjoy.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Basil Butter-
- ½ cup butter (at room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for basil butter; blend well. Place on a sheet of plastic wrap, form into a log and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill, or broil Press black pepper into 1 side of each chicken breast half. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, basil, and salt. Brush each breast half with butter mixture; place on grill and cook, turning until done throughout, about 7 or 8 minutes per side.
- When chicken is done, place 1 breast half on each of 4 plates; top with 1/4 of the basil butter log.