You can grill just about any vegetable and during the summer one of my favorite vegetables to grill is corn on the cob. The corn cook right in their husks so there is no need for tin foil or anything like that. It is important to soak them in water first so they don’t burn. This is perfect if you want to use the grill to cook burgers, steak, ect and then just throw the corn on afterwards. The best part about this recipe is the cilantro lime butter. I require butter on my corn on the cob and when you add cilantro and lime into the mix it’s delicious! Enjoy.
Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 fresh corn on the cob (in their husks)
- Cilantro lime butter-
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a mixing bowl cream butter. Mix in cilantro, lime juice, and cayenne pepper. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Peel back corn husks within 1 inch of the bottom (be careful not to peel them completely off). Remove the silk from the corn. Roll the husks back up into their regular position. Soak the corn in cold water for 20 minutes, and drain.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Place corn onto the grill, and grill covered for 20-25 minutes until tender. Make sure to turn the corn often to make sure it doesn’t burn. Spread with cilantro lime butter when serving.
Saturday 23rd of July 2011
I'm trying this today! Thank you!
Friday 22nd of July 2011
Oh Bobby, this looks simply scrumptious ! I am enjoying many of your recipes and I always look forward to seeing what you're up to in the kitchen- Thanks ! Denise