This recipe is perfect for chicken cordon bleu lovers. This amazing pizza combines all of your favorite chicken cordon bleu ingredients such as cheese, chicken and ham. Instead of using chicken flavored gravy I decided to go with alfredo sauce and it turned out nicely. I used a cheese combination of shredded provolone and mozzarella cheeses. For the chicken, it is covered with bread crumbs, fried in the pan and then sliced. Using a premade pizza crust saves a lot of time in my opinion but you could make your own. The pre-baking of the crust will stop it from becoming soggy on the bottom. Enjoy.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 egg
- Butter (for frying)
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded provolone cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup alfredo sauce
- ½ cup ham steak (diced)
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (such as Pillsbury)
- Beat an egg small bowl. In a shallow pie dish add bread crumbs. Roll the chicken breast in the bread crumbs, then dip in the egg mixture and roll in the bread crumbs again. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter. Add chicken breast and fry in the butter on both sides until golden brown and fully cooked (when the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Remove from the pan, cool, and slice into strips.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pizza crust onto a pizza pan. Place into the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the alfredo sauce over the partially baked pizza crust and top with provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, chicken and ham.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.