This is another type of bruschetta I made recently – Guacamole bruschetta. This is a combination of Italian and Mexican cuisine; toasted sliced French bread topped with delicious Guacamole. The garlic bread really makes this recipe great. The bread is rubbed with a clove of garlic and brushed with olive oil. This makes the perfect appetizer for parties or events. It also makes a good side dish for tacos, burritos or really any Mexican dish. Enjoy.
- 1 loaf of French bread (sliced into ½” thick rounds)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 avocados (chopped)
- 1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and bake in the oven on one side for 3 minutes.
- Flip and toast on the other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove toasted bread from the oven and rub with a clove of garlic (works best if you cut the clove in half or some off the top). Brush the tops of each bread slice with olive oil. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine tomatoes, avocados, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well. Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto garlic toasts and serve.