I really enjoy the flavor of ham served with honey mustard. This recipe takes black forest ham, Swiss cheese, a honey mustard sauce and adds these ingredients into a delicious grilled cheese sandwich. I like to prepare all different types of grilled cheeses for dinner because they are so easy to make. The sandwiches are best prepared on a griddle or in a skillet. I prefer a griddle because I can cook several of the sandwiches at once instead of in batches. This recipe uses sliced French bread but you can experiment with different types of bread if you would prefer. These honey mustard ham grilled cheese sandwiches are very easy to prepare and make a great lunch or dinner. Enjoy.
- 8 slices French bread (each slice about a ½ inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 slices the Black Forest ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl mix together Dijon mustard and honey. Place all of the bread slices onto a cutting board. Spread a layer on the honey mustard onto the tops of each slice of bread.
- For each sandwich, fold 1 slice of the ham on top of the mustard spread and top with a piece of Swiss cheese. Cover with the 4 remaining bread slices. Spread butter on top of the remaining bread slices.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches to the skillet butter-side down. Spread butter on the tops of the bread slices in the skillet.
- Cook until the sandwiches are golden brown on the bottom (about 2 minutes). Turn and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Cook until golden brown and the cheese has melted.