- Fix the oven rack at the center of the chamber, heat the oven to 450F, then clean out the giblets from the chicken’s cavity.
- Pat excess moisture off the chicken and set it aside. Then, lemon’s zest and fold it into the butter along with the rosemary.
- Rub the chicken inside and out with pepper and salt, divide lemon, and put both leaves in the cavity.
- Loosen the skin atop the chicken breasts and scoop some tablespoons of the herb-butter combo underneath. Then, smear the rest all over the chicken, ensuring it generously coats the surface.
- Arrange the onion, potato, and carrot in the roasting dish and sprinkle some pepper and salt with a drizzle of olive oil. Then, put the chicken on the veggie bed and roast uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350F and roast again at 20 minutes per pound until it hits 165F. Then, take it out and tent with foil for 10 minutes before serving it with the bottom veggies.
More ideas can be seen here.