- In a bowl, mix the ½ teaspoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and set it aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into even strips and rub it with ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Take the olive oil and add ½ tablespoon to the instant pot and choose the saute option.
- Sear the chicken tenders for about 1-2 minutes on both sides until they are slightly golden brown with the help of a tong. This would help the chicken get more flavor and texture.
- After searing the chicken, remove it from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
- Use chicken broth or water to deglaze the pot, make sure you scrape any extra bit of chicken stuck at the bottom of the pot with a spatula.
- Place the trivet or steamer basket and carefully put the chicken tenders on it and cover the lid.
- Press cancel on the instant pot set it on high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the instant pot is done cooking, allow it to naturally release for 3 minutes followed by a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove from the pot and serve it however you want like using your favorite sauce or adding it to another meal.
- If you would be cooking them from a frozen state, you could thaw them first or just add them directly first on a trivet with broth before searing.
Making chicken tenders is easy, especially in an instant pot, you could follow these easy steps above, or for more ideas check out this video recipe