- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage
- ⅔ cup of chopped onions
- ½ tablespoon of minced garlic
- ⅔ cup of fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 3 (6 ounces) cans of tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon of dried basil leaves
- 1 pound of part-skim ricotta cheese
- One package (10 ounces) frozen and squeezed dry spinach, chopped
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- Three eggs
- Two teaspoons of garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Before beginning, preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish lightly.
- Bring a big saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil to begin with. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lasagna noodles are al dente; afterward, drain.
- Brown the sausage with the onions, garlic, and 1/2 of the parsley in a pan over medium heat; drain excess grease. Mix the tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, oregano, and basil until everything is thoroughly combined. Cook for 5 minutes, covered, stirring periodically.
- Combine the remaining parsley and ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, eggs, garlic salt, and pepper in a mixing dish and stir thoroughly.
- Two cups of sauce should be spread in the bottom of the baking dish. Layer 4 noodles, ½ of the cheese mixture, ⅓ of the remaining sauce, and 1 cup of mozzarella on top. Repeat the layering process, ending with noodles, sauce, and mozzarella cheese as the final layer. The pan should be covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown. Allow for a 10-minute cooling period before serving.
The total cooking duration for this recipe is 1 hour and 50 minutes, with 40 minutes of preparation time, 1 hour cooking time, and an additional ten minutes resting time. Do you need more ideas on how to make lasagna? Then you should check out this video recipe.