- 200g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce or soy
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 blocks of medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 100g of frozen pea
- ½ a pack of basil or coriander leaves (20g), shredded roughly
- Combine the cornflour, fish sauce, and sugar in a mixing bowl, then gradually add 8 tablespoons of water until it becomes smooth. Cook the noodles for 4 minutes in a boiling pot of water.
- Meanwhile, in a wok, heat the oil and stir-fry the pepper, garlic, and spring onions for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, spices, and peas for a few seconds more, then add the fish sauce and flour mixture. Stir in the drained noodles and basil or coriander after the sauce has thickened.
This recipe gives amazing and great-tasting results. There are many more ideas on how to use up your leftover chicken in delicious recipes. Some of such ideas have been described in this video recipe. Watch it and try your hand at as many as possible, and you’ll never have to throw out your leftover chicken anymore.