- One arm roast; three to four pounds, trimmed
- One cup of beef stock
- One cup of canned crushed tomatoes
- Three tablespoons of olive oil, extra virgin
- Six whole carrots, sliced
- Four sprigs of fresh thyme
- Four sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Two bay leaves
- Two celery ribs, sliced
- Two garlic cloves, chopped
- One yellow onion, chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Kosher salt
- Prep the oven to 350F, and place the arm roast on a lined baking pan. Season generously on all sides with pepper and salt, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over a medium-high stove, and sear the arm roast until it develops a deep crust on all sides.
- Add the beef stock and tomatoes to the Dutch oven, then spread the herbs and chopped aromatics around the meat. Adjust the seasoning as desired and cover the Dutch oven.
- Place the Dutch oven in the oven and braise for three hours, basting the meat every 30 minutes with the pot liquid. Cook until the meat hits 145F or reaches a fork-tender texture.
- Serve the pot roast as desired and with the cooked vegetables.
You can also watch this video for more assistance.