- Start by preheating the grill to 275°
- Form the ground beef into patties, and press your thumb on the center of the patties to get a curve
- Season the patties with gourmet burger seasoning, you can also use any rub you have on hand. Season both sides of each patty.
- Place the burger patties on the preheated grill for 30 minutes. Flip the burgers after 30 minutes and continue to cook
- On a separate grill, add some oil and caramelize some chopped onions
- Brush some BBQ sauce all over the patties and smoke for 15 minutes
- Place some caramelized onions on the patties, add more BBQ sauce, add a layer of American cheese, and smoke for an additional 15 minutes
- Add butter to another grill or pan and toast some buns
- Proceed to build your burger with your favorite ingredients and enjoy
Grill burgers on a Traeger grill are very easy, so no need to panic if this is your first time, simply follow the instructions and you would have a delicious burger. If you would like to see other recipe ideas, check out this video recipe.