Ingredients For Cooking Chicken Soaked In Buttermilk
- 3 cups of well-shaken buttermilk
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- Vegetable, olive, or peanut oil
- Seasoned flour (optional for frying)
To make chicken soaked in buttermilk, there are tools needed for the two most important steps, which are for marinating and cooking. The tools needed include:
- Mixing bowls
- Sealable plastic bags or ziplock for marinating
- Tongs for turning the chicken
- An oven, in the case of baking
- A frying pan or deep fryer, in the case of frying.
- A grill pan, in the case of grilling.
- Baking sheet
- Foil paper
- Put all the spices together in a large bowl: the chicken pieces, rosemary, white pepper, thyme, salt, and black pepper for coating.
- Stir the chicken in buttermilk until it is coated, then put the coated chicken inside the ziplock. Justin case the bag leaks, ensure that you have a deep plate to put the marinating chicken on. This is to avoid a messy refrigerator filled with leaked chicken juice. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 24 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk.
- After these three steps have been done, then you can choose to either fry, bake or grill your chicken soaked in buttermilk.