- Pork butt
- Sazon seasoning (optional)
- Start by coating the pork all over with salt, pepper, and any other flavors you choose. Then, place the pork in the crockpot just after that.
- Proceed to cook it over low heat for 8 hours or until an internal temperature of 190F is reached.
- You can then remove the pork to a board and set it aside to cool for at least 20 minutes before shredding it with a fork.
- You should strain the remaining liquid from the crockpot to remove any lumps.
- Return the liquid to the shredded pork and mix well if you don’t care about the fat.
- Although, if you want to eliminate the excess fat, cool the liquid for about 30 minutes in an ice bath until the fat hardens, then discard and pour the remaining liquid over the pork.
- You can serve the pork on its own as a main dish or stuff it on whole-wheat hamburger buns. Enjoy it however special you can.
Watch this video recipe on how to cook pork butt in a crockpot.