I know it’s a little late, but I’m just getting around to posting the dessert I made for Easter this year. As a last minute decision, I decided to go with no-bake lemon cheesecake squares, and the results turned out pretty good. I just wish I could find some decent fresh strawberries around here this time of year. This recipe is great if you’re looking for something light and refreshing – it would be great in the summertime! This is a no-bake cheesecake recipe so after only about a half hour it will be in the fridge. If you can find good ones, fresh strawberries taste just amazing on top of the cheesecake. Let me know what you think.
- 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 24 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, ensuring that the bottom and sides are covered tightly. Lightly grease the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the crust mix together the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Then press into the bottom of the pan and place in the freezer.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar until very soft.
- Then beat in the eggs one at a time. Then mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice and sour cream with the mixer on low.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and place inside a large roasting pan. Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan on top of the crust. Then pour about 1/2 inch of water into the roasting pan.
- Place the whole thing in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is no longer shiny and there’s a little wobble in the center of the cheesecake.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.