There are so many different ways to make tacos but lime chicken tacos are some of the best. These tacos are a delicious and light meal, great for summertime. The flavors of lime and various seasonings blend perfectly with the chicken. You can cook the chicken just in the pan or leave it whole, grill it, slice it and then transfer it into the pan for a few minutes. These delicious tacos will only take about 30 minutes total to prepare. Some of the condiments you could add are lettuce, tomato, salad, sour cream or whatever you like. If you are looking for a nice and refreshing change from your normal tacos, give this recipe a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 servings)Print
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 (6 inches) flour tortillas
- 1 tomato (diced)
- ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese
- The ¼ cup of salsa
- Sour cream (optional)
- Add a little oil to the pan and sauté chicken pieces in the pan for 20 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onions, garlic, and oregano. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Warm tortillas and add chicken mixture to each one evenly. Top with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and salsa.