If you have yet to try mango salsa, without a doubt you have been missing out, and it’s time to give it a try. For those of you that have, I don’t even need to tell you how good it really is. This salsa goes great with shrimp, chicken, or just about any type of meat. Of course, it would also go great served with just tortilla chips. A perfect dish to serve this with would be Jerk chicken, the flavors would complement each other nicely. This salsa is a basic combination of diced mango, bell pepper, green onion, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro. It is then mixed with the combination of lemon and lime juice for the perfect flavor. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to meet your needs. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 mango (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a medium bowl mix mango, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, and lemon juice.
- Cover, refrigerate and allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving.