Here is the perfect recipe for mint lovers, mint brownies. These brownies are a fantastic combination and mint and chocolate. The brownies get most of their flavor from baking chocolate and the frosting gets a lot of flavor from the mint extract. Be aware that peppermint extract is very strong, so if you don’t want a strong mint flavor I would add less than the recipe calls for. If you do not like mint, this recipe is not for you. This is a very simple, quick, and delicious brownie recipe. If you want you can top off these brownies with chocolate chips. Enjoy. PS- I know I haven’t updated this website in a while… I am hoping to be able to get back to a regular posting schedule. Thanks.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3–4 tablespoons cream
- 1 (6 ounces) package chocolate chips
- green food coloring
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla extract, beat well.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Add to egg/sugar mixture.
- Add in flour and stir until smooth. Pour into a greased 9×12” baking dish.
Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the frosting- Beat together 4 tablespoons of butter, confectioners’ sugar, mint extract, and cream.
- Add green food coloring. Frost the brownies and place into the refrigerator for 1 hour. Top with remaining melted butter and chocolate chips.