Here is an amazing recipe for an Italian Sub Sandwich. There is nothing like a good sandwich to take to lunch with you or to make for a party. This sandwich is stacked and it won’t disappoint. It is loaded with 3 different types of meat – ham, turkey, and salami. As well as 2 different types of cheeses – provolone and mozzarella. That’s not all; it’s topped off with lettuce, green pepper, and a delicious dressing. The dressing uses ingredients such as garlic, oregano, and red wine vinegar. If you are looking for a fantastic sandwich for game day, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 1 loaf French bread
- ½ lb ham (thinly sliced)
- ½ lb cooked the turkey (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 lb salami (thinly sliced)
- ¼ lb provolone cheese (sliced)
- ¼ lb mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 3 cups lettuce (shredded)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out the top and bottom using a small knife or your fingers.
- Leaving ½” of the shell.
To make the dressing- In a medium bowl combine oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Brush the dressing onto the top and bottom of the bread.
- To layer the sandwich – on the bottom half layer the meats, then the cheeses, lettuce and green pepper. Repeat layers and cover with the top half.