This is apparently how they do hot dogs in Venezuela. As this was new to me, many of you are probably unfamiliar with Venezuelan style hot dogs so let me introduce them to you. These hot dogs include condiments such as mustard, ketchup and maybe. As well as cabbage, onion, and crushed potato chips. I found that the potato chips give the hot dog a nice crunch. The recipe calls for the hot dog buns to be steamed but I did not do that personally, I will leave it up to you. As you can see I have included no prep pictures as I did not find it necessary as there are only a few extremely basic steps to this. This is a very quick and easy recipe that just also happens to be perfect for game day. Enjoy.
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 yellow onion
- ¼ head of green cabbage
- 1 (6 ounces) bag potato chips
- Add hot dogs to a medium sized pot, fill with enough water just to cover the hot dogs, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until heated through. Use a steamer to steam the hot dog’s buns until they are warm and soft.
Cut onion into small pieces. Put them into a food processor and process until they are finely chopped.
- Remove the onions and do the same with the cabbage. Crush the potato chips into very small pieces.
- Place each hot dog on a bun. Top with onion, cabbage, and crushed chips. Put on some mayo, mustard, and ketchup.