If you’re looking for the perfect appetizer Nachos Grande might be right for you. Nachos Grande is refried beans, a seasoned beef mixture, cheese, jalapenos and green onions on top of tortilla chips. You can also add additional toppings such as lettuce, black olives, tomato, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. The nachos are first layered and then baked in the oven until the cheese has melted. If you don’t have the various seasonings, ½ of a package of taco seasoning will work instead. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1/2lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup refried beans
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup green onion (sliced)
- 1 large jalapeno pepper
- restaurant style tortilla chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef until it is browned. Use a spatula to crumble the beef into small pieces as it cooks. When the beef is no longer pink drain off any excess fat.
- Season the beef with chili powder, salt, dried onion flakes, paprika and water. Simmer over medium/low heat for 10 minutes. Heat the refried beans in a small saucepan over low heat (or in the microwave for a couple minutes).
- Arrange tortilla chips on a baking sheet or oven safe ceramic plate. Spread about a tablespoon of the refried beans on each chip. Sprinkle a couple tablespoons of the beef on top of the beans on each chip. Pile cheese on top of the beef on each chip and top with green onions and sliced jalapeno peppers.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.