Yeah, I confess, my sugar addictions are getting a little out of control. Last week I posted a recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now I have for you nonother than a recipe for the best peanut butter cookies!! I seriously don’t know if these recipes are really the best, but there one thing I can assure you of – they are definitely close! These turned out great and they had an amazingly good flavor to them. I decided peanut butter alone wasn’t enough so I decided to add M&M’s as well. The M&M’s are totally optional – they still taste fantastic without them. Like most easy cookies recipes this will take very little time. The baking time differs depending on how chewy or how crunchy you like your cookies. Make a batch… or two of these and everyone is sure to love you J. Enjoy.
Tags: cooking, recipes, food and drink, recipe, baking
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M’s (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl. Beat butter, shortening, and peanut butter until smooth. Add white sugar and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs on at a time and then add vanilla extract until blended. Use your hands or a spoon and add the flour mixture to complete cookie dough.
- One at time scoop dough with a teaspoon (can use a tablespoon for larger cookies) and drop dough in 1” balls onto a cookie sheet. Place 2 inches apart. With a fork dipped in flour flatten cookies. Then flatten in the opposite direction (so they cross).
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11-12 for crispy.