Preparing a garlic basil oil to go on raviolis is a good alternative to regular spaghetti sauce. You can use whatever brand of ravioli you like for this recipe. I used two different flavors cheese and Italian sausage. The garlic basil oil is prepared in the pan gets a lot of flavor from fresh garlic and basil, as well as crushed red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese. I like to serve this recipe with garlic bread. Enjoy.
I would also like to thank All Seasons Uniforms for hooking me up with a sweet chef jacket. I was looking for a jacket with custom embroidery for a while and they did an excellent job.
- 1 (25 ounces) bag cheese ravioli
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil and minced garlic to a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to brown. Reduce heat to low and add in 1/2 cup of the pasta water once the ravioli has finished cooking. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Drain the ravioli.
- Add the ravioli and basil to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute. Turn off heat and add in the parmesan cheese, red pepper, and black pepper.