This seafood bake is a great recipe for Lent. This recipe uses an alfredo sauce that is mixed with pasta, shrimp and crab. The shrimp are sautéed in a garlic, wine and butter sauce and then finished off with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for even more flavor. The alfredo sauce is just a simple combination of heavy cream, butter, and parmesan cheese. This recipe calls for penne pasta but several other types of pasta will work as well. Everything is mixed together and then placed into a casserole dish and topped with cheese. The cheese is browned using the broiler and it is ready to serve. I like to serve this recipe with garlic bread on the side. Enjoy.
- 8 Sea Scallops quartered
- 1 lobster tail rough chopped
- 10 jumbo shrimp cut in half
- 8 Jonah crab claws shucked (optional)
- 2 shallots fine diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Clos du Bois Chardonnay
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk or cream I use milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan divided in half
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon or thyme
- 1 lb Barilla Penne cooked Al Dente
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 425.
Heat a skillet over medium, drizzle with Olive oil.
Saute seafood for 1-2 minutes.
Slowly add wine to deglaze the pan, add shallots, garlic & butter. Stir.
Add flour, stir to coat seafood.
Pour in milk or cream, bring to a boil stirring constantly
Reduce to simmer, the sauce should start thickening.
Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 the Parmesan.
Cook, drain and rinse penne pasta.
Mix bread crumbs into melted butter.
Layer in a casserole dish- pasta, sauce and seafood, bread crumbs, remaining Parmesan.
Bake 15 minutes or until the top is golden and edges are bubbly.
Serve with a glass of Chardonnay and crusty bread.