Its summer and you can never have enough cold salad recipes. Here is the one recipe for seafood salad I have been meaning to post for a while. This salad is perfect for cook-outs, picnics, and parties. You can use your choice of pre-cooked cold seafood (I went with shrimp). Imitation crab or lobster goes great in this salad as well. Some of the ingredients include bacon, avocados, cheddar cheese, and tomatoes. What I really like about this recipe is red pepper flakes give the salad a nice kick. You can also add additional ingredients such as green onions if you choose. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 servings)Print
Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1 (16 ounces) package penne pasta
- ¼ lb bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1lb cooking shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook penne pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to cool. While pasta is cooking you can do the prep work, such dicing tomatoes, and avocados.
- In a large bowl gently toss together pasta, bacon, shrimp, avocados, cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes.
- Serve over lettuce.