Alfredo dishes have always been among my favorites in Italian cuisine. I love chicken alfredo and Shrimp alfredo is no different, this recipe is delicious. The alfredo sauce is very simple and probably a bit healthier than most. You can adjust this recipe to your taste. I always like to add a lot of garlic and parmesan. This is a very easy dish and should be on the table in less than 1 hour. As you can probably see from the pictures, I used cooked shrimp instead of raw. Either one will work fine. If the shrimp is already pre-cooked I would recommend putting it in the sauce to simmer for a few seconds just before it’s done. You don’t want to overcook the shrimp. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy.
- 1lb medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 6 garlic cloves (sliced in half)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccini (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Bring to a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix cornstarch and milk. Set aside. In a large frying pan heat butter and oil.
- Add garlic and onions, cook for 5 minutes or until garlic is soft. Mash garlic with the bottom of a fork. Add shrimp and cook until it just turns pink (about 1 ½ minute). Stir milk mixture into the pan.
- Cook while stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Pour mixture over cooked pasta. Mix in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Garnish with parsley.