Shrimp bruschetta makes a great appetizer for parties. I gave these a try at Red Lobster awhile ago and decided to make my own at home. These bruschetta use ingredients such as tomato, basil, and balsamic vinegar. The original recipe calls for grilling the shrimp. What I did was use pre-cooked salad shrimps, thaw them and use them like that. I also added crumbled feta cheese to the recipe. If you are looking for a great tasting appetizer for a party, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3/4lb small cooked shrimp (peeled, deveined with tails removed)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) baguette (cut into ¼ inch thick slices)
- Thaw salad shrimp according to package directions. In a small bowl combine olive oil and garlic. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine shrimp, tomato, basil, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush oil mixture over baguette slices. Grill baguette slices for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Place baguette slices on a large platter. Top with shrimp/tomato mixture. Top with feta cheese and serve.