If you are getting tired of your average tacos, I highly recommend trying these shrimp tacos. These tacos are a great treat for summer and won’t disappoint those who love a little heat. These tacos include a combination of shrimp, chipotle peppers, bacon, and onions. You can adjust the amount of heat by adding more or less canned chipotle chilies. You can also add a little of the adobo sauce to the shrimp mixture. This recipe calls for 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Just to clarify, this means 3 peppers, not 3 cans. You can add whatever optional condiments you want. The tacos are garnished with cilantro and lime juice but what I did was mix cilantro, diced avocados and lime juice in a bowl and used that. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 2lbs large cooked shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 1 (12 ounces) package bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (minced)
- 12 corn tortillas (or flour)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- The juice of one lime
- 2 avocados (diced, optional)
- Monterey jack cheese (optional)In a large skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain the bacon fat from the skillet. Add diced onions and stir fry for 5 minutes or until the onions are tender. Add shrimp and diced chipotle peppers. Cook 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet over medium-high heat for 10 seconds.
- Turn over and heat for another 5-10 seconds. Fill heated tortillas with shrimp mixture top with cilantro, lime juice, avocado, and cheese.