You can make beef po boys with ease using the slow cooker. Simply just add a beef roast with some brown gravy, beef broth and creole seasoning and you have the meat for your sandwiches. The most work in this recipe is probably shredding the beef roast. These po boys include additional ingredients such as lettuce, tomato, pickles and mayonnaise. I like to serve these with French fries. Enjoy.
- 2lb pot roast
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1 (.87 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- French bread
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Sliced pickles
- Place the beef roast into the bottom of a slow cooker. In a bowl whisk together beef broth with creole seasoning and brown gravy mix.
- Pour the mixture over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove the roast and shred it using two forks.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch with ¼ cup of cold water. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the liquid in the slow cooker. Return the beef to the slow cooker.
- Cook until the gravy thickens.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Place meat on the bottom half of the bread. Spread mayonnaise onto the top half of the bread.
- Top the beef with lettuce, tomato, and pickles.