Slow cooker mozzarella chicken pasta is a delicious and easy dinner to prepare for the colder months of the year. The chicken is prepared in the crock pot and the pasta is cooked on the stove and then placed into the crock pot and topped off with a lot of mozzarella cheese and it is ready to serve. The chicken in the crock pot is topped with butter, pesto, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. I like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe but you could use thighs as well. Serve with garlic bread if desired. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup jarred pesto
- ¼ cup salted butter
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1lb rotini pasta (cooked and drained)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil (for garnish)
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Spread pesto over the chicken, then squeezes on the lemon juice.
- Cut the butter into slices and place over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Near the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Shred the chicken in the crockpot using 2 forks. Add the cooked pasta and the parmesan cheese, stir until everything is coated with the buttery pesto sauce and the chicken is mixed well into the pasta.
- Add the mozzarella cheese in the crockpot over the pasta. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more or until the cheese has melted.