This recipe is the breakfast version of wet burritos. These smothered breakfast wraps are loaded with crispy bacon, scrambled eggs and cheese, and then topped with sausage gravy! To save time this recipe uses premade sausage gravy but if you would prefer you can make your own. You can add all kinds of different breakfast items inside the burritos such as sautéed green pepper, sautéed onions, and cooked breakfast sausage links. These wraps make a great breakfast or can be served for dinner as well. If you want to get the bacon perfectly crispy, you can view my tutorial on how to cook crispy bacon! The instructions list is a little long but this recipe is very easy to make. If you are looking for a different take on wet burritos, give this recipe a try. Enjoy.
- 1lb sliced bacon
- 10 eggs
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (8 ounces) bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 (10 inches) flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounces) jar premade sausage gravy
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Separate the slices of bacon and place them side by side on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Remove from the oven and transfer the bacon onto paper towels to soak up the fat.
- In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, salt, and pepper until blended. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull them across the pan with a spatula, forming large curds. Continue cooking while pulling and folding the eggs until thicken and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sausage gravy to a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook until heated through. Lay out a tortilla shell onto a flat surface, such as a cutting board. In the center of the tortilla add a couple of bacon slices, top with some scrambled eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll into burritos by folding the corners towards the center, grabbing the bottom and then rolling up. Repeat until all of the burritos are rolled.
At this point you can top the burritos with the sausage gravy and microwave the burritos for about 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted or you can cook them in the frying pan on both sides. To cook them in the pan—spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Place the wraps into the skillet seam-side down and cook until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side). Top with hot sausage gravy for serving.
(Makes 10 Servings)