These chicken breasts are stuffed with spinach dip. The dip is just a simple combination of cream cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese and garlic powder. The chicken breasts are sliced in half and then stuff with the dip mixture and then coated with breadcrumbs and fried in the pan. The chicken is then baked in the oven to finish the cooking process. If you want you could skip the pan-frying and just bake it in the oven but it may take a few minutes longer to cook. I like to serve this chicken with wild rice. Enjoy.
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 15-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. Gruyère
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Make Spinach–Artichoke Mixture: In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, artichoke hearts, garlic, baby spinach, gruyère and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and make a pocket in each breast.
- Fill pockets with dip and seal each breast with two toothpicks.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until deeply golden, 10 minutes per side. Serve immediately.