These steak and mushrooms skewers are so easy to make and delicious when prepared on an outdoor grill. This recipe uses ribeye steaks that are cut into chunks and marinated along with button mushrooms and threaded onto wooden or metal skewers before grilling. The steak and mushrooms are marinated with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and fresh thyme. You will only need to marinate the steak and mushrooms for about 30 minutes to get a decent amount of flavor. You can use either wooden or metal skewers for this recipe. If you are using wooden skewers make sure you soak them in cold water first. Enjoy.
- Combine the whiskey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Press around the outside of the bag with your fingers to combine.
- Place the steak cubes into the marinade. Then place the mushrooms on the top. Let marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Let wooden skewers soak in water for 2 hours minimum. This prevents them from burning.
- Slide a mushroom, then the piece of steak, and green bell pepper onto a wooden skewer. Repeat this process until the skewer is nearly full.
- Cook on the grill over medium heat, turning often for 8 -10 minutes, or until the steak is cooked and mushrooms softened. Let sit for 5 minutes, then enjoy.