The ingredients of a fajita go perfect on top of a pizza crust. This recipe was originally for a grilled steak fajita pizza but I decided to make it on the oven instead. This pizza is topped with a spicy tomato sauce, Mexican cheese blend, seasoned steak, red onion, poblano peppers and cilantro. The spicy tomato sauce is a simple combination of diced tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and chili powder. You can cook the steak according to the method of your choice. You could leave the steak whole, season it, grill it and then slice it. What I did was first sliced the steak into thin strips, then seasoned it and fried it in the pan. You can also sauté the pepper and onions in a little olive oil if you would prefer instead of putting them on the pizza raw. Enjoy.
Steak Fajita Pizza Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces skirt steak (trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1lb pizza dough
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine oregano, chili powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and a ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and half of the spice mixture to a food processor.
- Pulse onto coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Slice the steak into thin strips. Season the steak slices with the remaining spice mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook while stirring occasionally until it has reached your desired doneness. Set aside.
- Roll and press the pizza crust onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the tomato sauce over the partially baked pizza crust and top with Mexican cheese blend, cooked steak slices, poblano pepper, and onion.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.