Here is a copycat recipe for the beefy nacho griller from Taco Bell restaurant. The beefy nacho griller is loaded with seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese, and red tortilla strips. For this recipe, we are using the copycat seasoning from the Taco Bell tacos. If you have a problem finding the red tortilla strips, you may have to get a bag of strips that are multi-colored. I found them at Wal-Mart in a bag with red, blue and white corn tortilla strips. All of the ingredients are rolled up into a burrito and then fried in the pan until golden brown on both sides. Enjoy.
- Taco Bell Seasoned Beef-
- 1 1/3lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 ½ tablespoons masa corn flour
- 4 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- ½ teaspoon beef bouillon
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (9 ounces) can nacho cheese dip
- 1 bag red tortilla strips
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl combine masa corn flour, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, paprika, cumin, garlic salt, sugar, minced onion, and beef bouillon. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck into the skillet and cook while breaking the meat up into chunks with a spatula until browned. Drain off any excess grease. Add 3/4-1 cup of water and the taco seasoning to the ground beef. Mix well and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes. Simmer until almost all of the moisture has cooked away.
- Spoon the nacho cheese dip into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for a few seconds or just until warmed.
- Lay out a tortilla shell onto a flat surface. In the center of the tortilla add some of the ground beef, top with some of the nacho cheese and red tortilla strips. Roll up the burritos by folding the corners towards the center and then grabbing the bottom and rolling up. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- To cook them in the pan—spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Place the wraps into the skillet seam-side down and cook until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).