The colder weather is approaching and that means its time for some casserole dishes. This particular dish, taco casserole is one of my all time favorites. I have tried a few different taco casserole recipes, but I prefer this one with the pasta in it. Some of the ingredients in this dish include ground beef, onions, diced tomatoes, tomato soup and taco seasoning mix. Some toppings include black olives, cheese, and green onions. You could also add diced tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream if you choose. I find that added the crushed tortilla chips and the toppings within the last few minutes of baking works the best. This dish is best served immediately so the tortilla chips will still be crunchy. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)
Taco Casserole Recipe
- 1lb ground beef
- 8 ounces macaroni
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can condense tomato soup
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips (crushed)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until browned. Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning mix. Stir in pasta.
- Spoon the beef mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Within the last 10 minutes of cooking remove from the oven and top with crushed tortilla chips, cheese, green onions, and black olives. Return to the oven and finish cooking. Serve with sour cream.
Monday 25th of March 2013
Please send me your recipes via Facebook or email I love trying new stuff and getting new recipes I am always looking for something new, easy, and fun that everybody seems to like.. THANKS SO MUCH I appreciate all you can send me I have a couple of recipes I will give you if you are interested EX# corn corn salad it is great and wontons recipes peanut butter fudge that everyone loves
Sunday 24th of March 2013
Friday 7th of January 2011
Thanks for a great recipe!
Thursday 4th of November 2010
I made this tonight for dinner and got 2 thumbs up! I added a small can of green chilies and used a 4 cheese Mexican shredded blend. And with a Dollop of sour cream...oh it was good! Thanks for sharing.
Wednesday 29th of September 2010
Made this last week and it was a quick delicious meal! Though next time I think I will add a second package of taco seasoning... Thanks for all the great meals in our house!