Buying taco seasoning from the store can get old after a while, and it may be time to consider making your own. In the long run, this could save you a lot of money and to top it off, it just tastes better. Luckily this taco seasoning consists of many household spices that chances are you already have on hand. Some of the spices in this seasoning mixture include chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. You should use about 3 tablespoons of this seasoning mixture per pound of meat. This recipe can easily be double, tripled, ect. So if you want to make a large batch and store it away for future use. Enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- This can be used to season taco meat. Every 3 tablespoons of this mixture should be added to 1lb of taco meat.