BBQ Pepper Jack Chicken Recipe
Here is a delicious and easy grilling recipe for bbq pepper jack chicken. This recipe consists of grilled chicken that is basted with a homemade BBQ Sauce and topped with crispy bacon and cheese. The bbq sauce is prepared on the stovetop and consists of ingredients such as ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. If you are not a fan of pepper jack you could substitute it with other cheese as well. Enjoy.
BBQ Pepper Jack Chicken
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a saucepan combine all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-heat heat. Add the chicken breasts to the grill and cook turning frequently. During the last 10 minutes of cooking baste the chicken breasts on both sides with the bbq sauce multiple times. Cook until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. During the last few minutes of cooking top each chicken breast with 2 slices of cooked bacon and 1 slice of pepper jack cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted.