Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Recipe
With this garlic bread grilled cheese, the crust is like buttery garlic bread with delicious cheeses inside. This sandwich is great for dipping in soup. The garlic spread is a combination of butter, olive oil, parsley and parmesan cheese. This grilled cheese uses two different types of cheeses—provolone and white American. If you want to substitute, mozzarella would be great in place of the white American. You can also dip this grilled cheese in marinara sauce. Enjoy.
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (grated or finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slice white bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices white American cheese (or mozzarella)
- In a small bowl mix together butter, olive oil, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese. Lightly butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Add one slice of provolone and one slice of white American on the top of a buttered slice of bread. Place the remaining bread slice on each sandwich, butter side up.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook on the other side until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Adapted from Rachael Ray.