I have wanted to try an Asian fish recipe for quite some time. Salmon is one of my favorite types of fish so this went together perfectly. The recipe uses Asian flavors such as soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chili sauce. I had worried that the lime zest might be a little overpowering but it turns out it wasn’t at all. It is nearly the perfect combination for fish. You can either bake or grill the salmon. The weather has been pretty nice so I went with the outdoor grill. I served this recipe with fries but white rice will go great as well. Enjoy.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets (cleaned)
- A ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 lime (zested)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- Heat an outdoor grill to high heat. Place salmon on 3 slightly overlapping large sheets of aluminum foil.
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, and brown sugar. Pour the sauce over the salmon. Place salmon in aluminum foil on the grill.
- Grill salmon for 4-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Remove and place on a platter. If there is any sauce left over on the aluminum foil, pour it over the fillets.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.